Estimated Reading Time: 1 minutes
Like all of the licensed New Jersey sportsbooks, DraftKings is offering many Super Bowl betting options. However, DK is standing out from the crowd with a $54,000 Super Bowl Squares contest that is free to play.
To play, all you have to do is choose one square out of 100 on a digital board and then watch the big game on February 2 between the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs. This is the second year in a row that DraftKings has had this contest, which is available to all players that have a DraftKings New Jersey sportsbook account.
To win, your numbers have to match the last digit of each team’s score exactly at the end of a quarter. So if the first quarter ends with the Chiefs leading 7-0, for instance, you need a seven and a zero to win. You will not know your combination of numbers until kickoff.
Here is how the DraftKings $54,000 free pool contest works:
• When you click on an empty square, that one is yours for all four quarters and overtime.
• The pick that you make cannot be changed.
• The DraftKings NJ sportsbook will then reveal the randomly assigned numbers for each square before kickoff.
• DraftKings will then give payouts out at the end of each of the quarters in the game.
• All people with a winning square will share in that quarter’s prize pool.
Here is a breakdown of the money:
• First quarter – $8,100
• Second quarter – $16,200
• Third quarter – $8,100
• End of the game – $21,600
The money that is won will be directly paid to the winner’s DraftKings sportsbook account.