Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes
The Match: Champions for Charity is a highly anticipated golf event that will happen on Sunday, May 24. The event features two of the best NFL quarterbacks of all time and two of the best golfers in history with Peyton Manning and Tiger Woods facing off against Tom Brady and Phil Mickelson.
Many of the New Jersey online sportsbooks have various bets available for the event and DraftKings is even offering a free bet promotion. New and existing DraftKings players are eligible for the promotion. New players that sign up at DraftKings will have to make a real money deposit to cover the promo.
Here are the rules for the DraftKings Free Bet promotion:
• Wager $20 on any bet available for The Match and you will receive a $20 free live bet.
• You can use the free live bet during The Match.
• Players can make multiple bets to get to the $20 total.
• The bets have to have minimum odds of -250 or longer (for example -150 or +140).
• When a $20 bet or bets are placed the player will get the $20 free bet to be used during the event.
• Both live bets and parlay bets are included.
• The $20 qualifying bet or bets cannot be placed on free bets, cash outs, bets that are voided, or odds boosts bets.
A few days before The Match, Woods and Manning are the betting favorites at -225 with Mickelson and Brady at +180. DraftKings Sportsbook operations director Johnny Avello stated that Manning has a better handicap than Brady by about a stroke and a half.
There is $10 million on the line for The Match, with all of it going to COVID-19 relief efforts. Turner Sports will broadcast The Match across TNT, TBS, truTV, and HLN, and it will take place at the Medalist Golf Club in Hobe Sound, Florida.
Here are a few other prop bets that DraftKings has for The Match:
• Leading pairing after 15 holes
• First pairing to go 2 up
• Hole where The Match will be won
• Longest tee shot
DraftKings is also offering +5000 odds for a hole in one to be scored. Its odds for the winning pairing of the first hole is tie at -137, Woods and Manning at +250, and Mickelson and Brady at +335.
DraftKings has been tracking the bets for The Match. As of Tuesday, May 19, Woods and Manning have had 53% of the handle, while Mickelson and Brady have received 54% of the overall wagers. Brady has 61% of the handle for the longest tee shot but only 27% of the bets, while Woods has received 34% of the bets.
The betting public has backed Woods and Manning winning the back nine with an 89% handle, with only 9% going to Mickelson and Brady and 2% for a tie.
Will The Match: Champions for Charity have the same drama as The Match in 2018? In that winner-take-all matchplay event, Mickelson and Woods faced off head-to-head and Phil took home a cool $9 million after winning in 22 holes.