Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes
The New Jersey online casino industry has seen unprecedented growth resulting in a bonanza for New Jersey gamblers with $55 Million won from land based and online casino jackpots in the last year.
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement recently released figures that showed that in 2019 there were 611 jackpot wins of at least $50,000. A heady increase from the 384 jackpot winners in 2018.
The happy punters raked in 2019 it was $54.7 million from their wins, while in 2018 jackpot winners pocketed only $39.9 Million.
There was one jackpot winner of over $1 Million dollars last year while in 2018 saw two new millionaires. “William from New Jersey” was an instant millionaire after hitting a $1.08 million jackpot on July 27th playing a $1 Wheel of Fortune slot machine at the Golden Nugget Casino in Atlantic City.
While in September 2018 a lucky lady plunked down $10 playing Wheel of Fortune Double Sapphire Gold Spin and hit a jackpot of almost $2.5 million.
2019 saw four other jackpots that were over a half a million dollars. On November 18th at Harrah’s there was a jackpot of $804,700 playing the slots game Wheel of Fortune for only $1. On August 8th at Resorts Casino a player won $753,700 playing an Elvis slot machine for, again, only $1.
The two biggest jackpots won online in New Jersey in 2019 were on March 3 where $667,800 was won playing Lotusland at Borgata Online Casino; and on September 15 at Virgin Online Casino a $612,500 jackpot was won playing Wonderland.
Seven of the top 10 jackpots won in 2019 were won online. Four of those jackpots were won on the Divine Fortune machines and cashed in at four different online casinos.
Top 10 Casino Jackpots 2019
- July 27: $1.08 million, Golden Nugget, Wheel of Fortune
- November 18: $804,700, Harrah’s, Wheel of Fortune
- August. 8: $753,700, Resorts, Elvis
- March 3: $667,800, BorgataCasino.com, Lotusland
- September. 15: $612,500, VirginCasino.com, Wonderland
- January 12: $322,600, BorgataCasino.com, Divine Fortune
- May 8: $306,100, GoldenNuggetCasino.com, Divine Fortune
- March 3: $300,000, BorgataCasino.com, Lotusland
- February 9: $295,000, PlaySugarHouse.com, Divine Fortune
- April 28: $294,000, ResortsCasino.com, Divine Fortune
- April 24: $292,000 Harrah’s, Wheel of Fortune MegaJackpots
- September 14, $283,000, Caesars, Willy Wonka
The award for the smallest outlay to a big win goes to a Hard Rock Casino slots player who hit a $226,200 jackpot playing Quartermania Ghostbusters for only one cent.
The award for the last jackpot win of 2019 foes to a casino player at the Borgata in the Marina District who on New Years Eve played nd won $154,700 playing Diamond Eternity for just a 10 cent outlay.